- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- Cancer & Ayurveda
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Sleep naturally, without falling a prey to sedatives
There are many causes why we lose sleep, work and relationship related stress, irregular diet, lifestyle and sleeping habits, night shifts, bad habits like drinking smoking and drug abuse are main causes for sleep disturbances.
Before you contemplate on going for Allopathic edatives, which are addictive, habit forming and come with a list of side effects, I suggest you try these Ayurvedic and natural remedies.
1. Correcting the lifestyle.
- Make sure you spend your time at bed atleast 6 hours a day.
- make a strict daily schedule – at what time your are going to have food, what time you will go to bed etc and stick to it.
- Try stopping a nap at mid day. stopping nap will improve night sleeping hours.
- Drink a glass of warm milk at night time
- Take a warm water bath duing evening hours, after you return from office.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink juices, get your nutrition status to otimum levels.
- mild to medium excercise during evening period,, so that you feel tired, followed by a hot shower and then a warm cup of milk will defeinitely send you straight to bed.
- If you are sensitive to even a little bit of noise, use ear plugs.
- If you are sensitive to light, then switch it off or use a cloth band to cover your eyes, loosely. Now it has been proved that sleeping in a dark room may prevent depression.
Some Useful Ayurvedic Procedures:
Some of the Ayurvedic medicines which are purely herbal, natural and which helps the person to cal the mind, which are NOT sedatives are - Manomitram tablets, it is made of 4 natural herbs - ashwagandha (withania somnifera), Shatavari (asperagus), Brahmi (Bacopa monneiri) and Shankhapushpi (Clitorea ternatea). Anti oxidant activity, improving memory power, aiding in sleep and also powerful immuno-modulation actions of these herbs have been very well established. Click on the individual herbs to read more about the scientific research papers on each article. So, Manomitram tablet acts as sleep natural aids. Click on Manomitram tablets to buy it online.
Since they are natural herbs, they are not habit forming and also does not produce any hangover effects.
Dose: One capsule in the morning. Two capsules at night.
Whole body oil massage atleast once in a week iwill improve your skin and muscle tone, general strength, calms your mind and relaxes your body. Mild swedana (sudation therapy) after Abhyanga (massage) is fantastic.
Shirodhara, a famous procdeure of isntilling a stream of oil continuously on fore head for a period of 15 – 30 minutes Ayurvedic therapy of choice. It also helps to strengthen the sense organs, relieve headache and improve hair health.
Medicated oils like bala Taila, ksheera bala taila etc. are used for this procedure.
Shiro Pichu – A simple proccedure of soaking cotton swabs with the medicated oils and placing it all over the scalp for a period of 15 to 30 minutes is also very famous to induce sleep. best results if done at night, followd by a hot shower, and .. a cup of warm milk…. and off you go to bed.