- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Ayurvedic Foot Massage for Good Sleep
Foot massage…Pada Abhyangam as it is called in Ayurveda is a good and simple cost effective remedy for those who are suffering from sleeplessness or for those who have been victims of disturbed sleep. As such a complete body massage given by a trained therapist gives complete relaxation…but a foot massage would really be a complementary addition and would come in handy.
Foot is called as Pada in Ayurveda and is one of the five Karmendriyas or functional organs of importance. Pada or foot helps us in the karma(function) of gamana(locomotion). It is an important organ since we move from place to place only with the help of pada. Any pain or discomfort in foot handicaps all our works either for a short time or for a longer duration. Much of our life activity is dependant on our foot. The foot undergoes enormous stress and strain…due to the day long activities of ours…and also carries our weight.
How does Pada Abhyangam(foot massage) work??…
Vata dosha…one of the 3 humoral factors governing the body functions… being located in the lower parts of the body controls the movements of the lower limbs (as it does control the other vital movements of the body organs and fluids). Due to excessive workload on the foot and more activities…the vata dosha gets vitiated…and may disturb your sleep aswell apart from disturbing other functions of the body. A refreshing foot massage…even at home using a medicated Ayurvedic oil will pacify the vitiated vata and relax you apart from providing good sleep. It relaxes the body and mind, relieves pain and discomfort, improves circulation and vision…….and calms the nerves.
How to do a foot massage at home?
Just before retiring at night…wash your feet thoroughly with warm water to remove dirt.
Passively heat an Ayurvedic oil as prescribed…until it gets luke warm.
Massage the foot gently for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
Place your feet in hot water for about 10 minutes.
Remove feet….and wipe off with towel.
Relax for 15 minutes listening music and go to sleep.
Enjoy a relaxing sleep and feel the difference………..Good Night…Sweet dreams…………….
Oils which can be used for foot massage:
Bala Ashwagandhadi tailam………..etc