- Action of Shaddharana Choornam , A modern point of view
- Amritarishta – Uses, Ingredients, Dose and Side Effects
- Abhayarista – Ingredients, Uses, Dose and Side Effects
- Dasamoolarishtam – Ingredients, Uses, Dose And Side Effects
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Armour Against Arthritis in Ayurveda
Osteoarthritis results from structural changes in the articular cartilage in joints, usually those that are weight-bearing, such as the spine and knees. Hereditary factors may also be responsible for the onset of this disease. Call it Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis, it signifies ’inflammation of joints’. It is derived from two Greek words: ’athron’ meaning joints, and ’itis’ meaning inflammation. Arthritis occurs in various forms, the most frequent being Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that usually occurs in the old age group. Rheumatoid Arthritis is a serious disease, which affect not only the joints of fingers, wrists, hip, knees, and feet, but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body. Causes and Symptoms Main symptoms of Osteoarthritis are pain and stiffness in the joints.
Pain usually increases after exercise. Rheumatoid Arthritis is often called the ‘cooked food disease’. It usually develops gradually over several months, with persistent pain and stiffness in one or more joints. Ultimately the whole body is affected. Symptoms include anemia, colitis, constipation, deformed hands and feet. Osteoarthritis results from structural changes in the articular cartilage in joints, usually those that are weight-bearing, such as the spine and knees. Hereditary factors may also be responsible for the onset of this disease. Cure from the Kitchen Garlic Garlic is an effective remedy for Arthritis. It contains an anti-inflammatory property that accounts for its effectiveness in the treatment of this disease. Garlic may be taken raw or cooked, according to individual preference. Bananas Bananas, being a rich source of vitamin B6, have proved useful in the treatment of Arthritis.
A diet of only bananas for three or four days is advised in treating this condition. The patient is given eight or nine bananas daily during this period and nothing else. Lime The citric acid found in lime is a solvent of uric acid, which is the primary cause of some types of Arthritis. Juice of one lime, diluted with water, may be taken once a day, preferably first thing in the morning. Sesame Seeds Intake of teaspoon of black sesame seeds, soaked in a quarter cup of water overnight, has been found to be effective in preventing frequent joint pains. This water should be taken on empty stomach in the morning. Potato Juice Raw potato juice therapy is considered one of the most successful biological treatments for Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritic conditions.
The traditional method of preparing potato juice is to cut a medium sized potato into thin slices, without peeling the skin, and place the slices overnight in a large glass filled with cold water. The water should be consumed in the morning on empty stomach. Fresh juice can also be extracted from potatoes. A medium-sized potato’s juice should be diluted with a cup of water and drunk first thing in the morning. Raw Juices One cup of green juice, extracted from any green leafy vegetable, mixed in equal proportions with carrot, celery, and red beet juices is good in Arthritis. The alkaline action of raw juices dissolves the accumulation of deposits around the joints and in other tissues.
Green Gram Soup This soup should be prepared by mixing a tablespoon of green gram in a cup of water, with two crushed garlic cloves. It should be taken twice a day. Copper Drinking water kept overnight in a copper container accumulates traces of copper, which is said to strengthen the muscular system. A copper ring or bracelet is worn for the same reason. Calcium Several patients have found that with regular intake of calcium, their joint pains have either been relieved or have disappeared entirely. This mineral should be taken in the form of calcium lactate. Coconut or Mustard Oil Warm coconut oil or mustard oil, mixed with two or three pieces of camphor should be massaged on stiff and aching joints. This not only increases the blood supply, but also reduces inflammation and stiffness. Ideal diet for Arthritis Patients The diet of an Arthritis patient should be planned so as to produce alkalinity in the blood. It should include fruits and vegetables in the form of salads, with at least, two cooked vegetables. In severe cases, it would be advisable to put the patient on raw vegetable juice therapy, to be taken three times a day, for about a week. Repeated juice fasts are recommended at intervals of every two months.