- Action of Shaddharana Choornam , A modern point of view
- Amritarishta – Uses, Ingredients, Dose and Side Effects
- Abhayarista – Ingredients, Uses, Dose and Side Effects
- Dasamoolarishtam – Ingredients, Uses, Dose And Side Effects
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Patra Pinda Sweda (Herbal Rejuvenation Of Back And Spine)
Patra Pinda Sweda is a simple and effective therapy in the management of uncomplicated back pain severe.
Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation.
Method of preparation and administration: Leaves of various medicinal plants which have the property of relieving pain, inflammation & stiffness and also which can rejuvenate and strengthen the joints and soft tissues and improve circulation in the afflicted parts are selected as per the condition. They are chopped into fine pieces and are fried with vatahara tailas(oils useful in relieving vata, pain and associated conditions) along with other medicaments like pieces of lemon, gratings of coconut etc. Then they are tied in a cloth in the form of a bolus. On the other side a small quantity of medicated oil is kept in a pan or in a vessel and heated on passive heat keeping the fire in mild flame. The afflicted part having back pain severe is given an Abhyangam(massage) for a few minutes with medicated oils. The bolus consisting of leaves and herbs is dipped in the heated oil and massaged on the afflicted joints or back area. The whole manoeviere is carried out for 45 mts to 1 hour if patra pinda sweda is the main treatment prescribed. If it forms a part of treatment, as after kati vasti..patra pinda sweda is done for about 10 to 15 minutes. In a few conditions it can be used over full body too.
Leaves used for patra pinda sweda: Leaves of medicinal plants like Nirgundi, Shigru, Shireesha, Arka, Eranda etc are used as per the condition and the choice of the physician.
Benefits of Patra Pinda Sweda: It strengthens and rejuvenates the back and spine, strengthens the dhatu shakti(tissue strength and integrity), increases circulation, removes dirt and unwanted tissues, provides color and complexion to the skin, induces good sleep and reduces stress in spite of reducing pain, stiffness and inflammation.
Uses: Patra pinda sweda is effectively prescribed in – Back pain chronic, Back pain chronic, Back pain low, Lumbar and Cervical Spondylosis, Arthritis, Joint stiffness and swelling, Muscular and soft tissue pains, Sciatica, sprains and cramps etc…