- Amritarishta – Uses, Ingredients, Dose and Side Effects
- Abhayarista – Ingredients, Uses, Dose and Side Effects
- Dasamoolarishtam – Ingredients, Uses, Dose And Side Effects
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Ayurveda Treatment for Allergies
Allergies refers to an exaggerated reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. These foreign substances are usually harmless. But, in a person whose body is prone to allergies, these foreign substances are recognized by the body and one part of the immune system is turned on. Allergy-producing substances are called as ’allergens’. Examples include pollens, dust mite, molds, danders, and certain foods.
Any substance, whatever its origin, is a possible allergen. Allergens cause the production of immunoglobulin E (IgE), an antibody that all of us have in small amounts. Allergic persons, however, produce IgE in abnormally quantities. Normally, this antibody is important in protecting us from parasites, but not from other allergens.
As per Ayurveda, foods are just aliens when we ingest them. These aliens are treated by the Agni (fire) of the body to change into compatible foods for the body. When the Agni doesn’t work properly, toxins get produced and accumulation of these toxins reduces the immunity of the body and gives rise to the immunity related diseases. Allergies occur when a hypersensitive immune system reacts to a common or unusual substance.
The word allergy is derived from the Greek words "allos," meaning different or changed and "ergos," meaning work or action. People prone to allergies are said to be allergic or atopic. Although allergies can develop at any age, the risk of developing it is genetic. It is related to ones family history of allergy. Ayurvedic medicine has also found that eliminating allergens from the body will help alleviate symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome. If an individual suffers from allergies all year long, he/she might want to consider visiting an ayurvedic practitioner. Ayurvedic medicine works on increasing the sensitivity & nervine strength of immunity of the respiratory system .
Following ayurvedic medicines, under the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner, could be used by an individual who is prone to allergies:
-Medicated oil specially prepared for Nasya ’Anu tail’ is very effective.
-For Vata & Kapha - Trikatu, basil, cloves, camphor, and coriander may be used.
-To ease Kapha aggravation, guduchi tablets may be taken along with basil, cloves, and camphor.
-For skin allergy - Neem Capsule, Neem Oil, Khadiraristam, Nimbasavam,Nimbadi choornm,Haridrakhandam, Agasthya rasayan,Padoladi kashayam etc....
-For Allergy of the Respiratory System - Agasthya rasayan, Nimbarajanyadi tablet, Spetilin Tablet, Septilin syrup, Kanchanar guggulu, Anu Oil.
-For healthy resistance to all airborne allergens - Agasthya rasayan, Nimbarajanyadi tablet, Spetilin Tablet, Septilin syrup, Kanchanar guggulu, Anu Oil-Cutis Oil (Vasu Pharmaceuticals), Haridra Capsules (Himalaya).
- Anti-allergy herbs include: turmeric, Picrorhiza kurroa, Tinospora Cordifolia, and Triphala.