- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS
Ayurvedic physicians have excellent medicines for the psychiatric disorders. In my personal experience many psychiatric problems can be treated very easily with the sidda and ayurvedic medicines.
First of all we will classify the psychiatric disorder as
4. Very severe
In severe and very severe cases the ayurvedic medicines can be given as a complementary therapy.
We will classify the mild as follows.
General depression, sleeplessness, anxiety, anger, excessive fear or timidity.
The basic treatment for both mild and moderate cases can be
Yoga exercises with ayurvedic diet.
Pancha karma- sirodara , sirovasti, abhyanga with weekly once of shat kriya.
some kind of work thearphy
plus the medicines like.
a) Manasa mitra vatakam
d) Brama rasyanam.
e) Brahmi ghirta.
f) Kalyank ghirtam
g) Mahakalyana ghirtam.
h) Maha panchagavya ghrtam.
i) Naladi ghrtam.
j) Panchagavya ghrtam.
k) Sarswathi ghrtam.
l) Sarpangandhi churnam.
m) Panchagandha churnam.
n) Sarsvatha churnam
o) Brahmi tailam.
p) Mnjisthadi tailam.
q) Nirgundi tailam.
r) Tungadrumadi tailam.
s) Bramhi vati.
t) Sarpaganda vati.
u) Smrti sagara rasa.
v) Dasamoola aristam.
w) Unmada gajakesri rasa.
X) Ksheerabala thailam
PANCHAKARMA THERAPIES FOR PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS
5VIRECHANAM WITH AVIPATHI CHOORNAM
...............are found to be more effective