- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Home Remedies for Mumps
Chebulic Myroblan - Chebulic myroblan is another good remedy for treating mumps. A thick paste should be made from chebulic myroblan by rubbing it in water. This should be applied over the swellings - you may feel good after applying it.
Mullein Tea - Apply a cloth soaked in mullein tea to the affected areas. This will help to combat with swelling.
Seeds of Asparagus - The seeds of asparagus are valuable in mumps. The seeds of asparagus combined with an equal proportion of methi (fenugreek) seeds, should be ground together and made in paste form. This paste can be applied over the swellings.
Margosa Leaves - Margosa Leaves act as a good herbal treatment for mumps. Make powdered form of margosa leaves and mix it with haldi and make a paste of it. This should be applied externally over the affected parts by mumps. This will help you cure mumps fast.
Mumps treatment using Chebulic Myroblan
Chebulic myroblan is one of the most effective remedies for mumps. A thick paste should be made from this herb by rubbing it in water. If applied over the swelling, it will provide relief.
Mumps treatment using Peepal Leaves
The leaves of the peepal tree are another effective home remedy for this disease. These leaves should be smeared with clarified butter and warmed over a fire. They should then be bandaged over the inflamed part for beneficial results.
Mumps treatment using Indian Aloe
The use of the herb Indian aloe is a wellknown remedy in the indigenous system of medicine for any inflamed and painful part of the body. A piece of a leaf of this herb should be peeled on one side, warmed and then sprinkled with a little turmeric (turmeric) and the extract of Indian barbery (rasaut), and then bandaged over the swelling.
Mumps treatment using Ginger
Dry ginger is considered beneficial in the treatment of mumps. It should be made into a paste and applied over the swollen parts. As the paste dries, the swelling will be reduced and the pain will also subside.
Some tips during the period - when patient is suffering from mumps:
A child suffering from mumps should not be sent to school for at least 7 to 10 days after symptoms begin, as he or she is considered contagious during that period - and will infect other children also in the school.
The patient should be given soft foods to eat.
Avoid Acidic Drinks - Acidic foods and beverages such as citrus or tomato products increase saliva flow. The more saliva flows, the more it's going to hurt. So, it's better if the child drinks just non acidic fluids such as water or milk.
orange juice diluted with warm water
To begin with, the patient should be kept on a diet of orange juice diluted with warm water on a 50:50 basis, for a few days. If the orange juice does not suit the patient., the juices of other fruit such as lemon (mossambi), apple, pineapple, grapes; or vegetables like carrots should be given.
Then the patient can swallow food comfortably and the swelling has subsided, an all-fruit diet should be adopted for a day or two.
Thereafter, he may be allowed to gradually embark upon a well-balanced diet of natural foods, with emphasis on fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
Other Mumps treatments
A warm-water enema should be used daily during the juice fast.
Hot and cold fomentations
Hot and cold fomentations should be applied every two hours during the day for about ten minutes, and should consist of two or three hot applications, followed by a cold one