- Action of Shaddharana Choornam , A modern point of view
- Amritarishta – Uses, Ingredients, Dose and Side Effects
- Abhayarista – Ingredients, Uses, Dose and Side Effects
- Dasamoolarishtam – Ingredients, Uses, Dose And Side Effects
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Dhumpanam or Medical smoking
Dhum means smoke and pan means to drink. Dhumpanam or Dhumpan simply means medicated or medicine or medical smoking. It is totally different from cigarette smoking. It is the use of fire in treatment; it is the journey of medicines on a vehicle of fire. Medicines can reach the minute cavities quickly and can act quickly.
It is a therapy used in treatment of various disorders in the region above the clavicle. It is mainly used in treatment of vata and kapha dominated diseases. It is used as a after treatment of vaman and nasya karma. It is also indicated in day to day life activity for normal healthy people to achieve its benefits.
Benefits of Medicine or Medical smoking
Enhances activity of sense organs
Improves voice quality
Acts as a mouth freshener, removes bad odor of mouth. Cleans the mouth.
Hairs become strong. Useful in hair fall.
Maintains healthy status of dentition
Proper type of dhumpan is used in treatment of diseases like cough, asthma, coryza, excess sleep etc. i.e. vata and kapha dominated diseases.
It destroys antigens present in the environment