- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne
Pimples have been the all-time problem of adolescent, teenager, and even adults. And though pimples are only temporary, the mere sight of them scattered all over your face is really unpleasant. But worry not. There are several easy to follow steps, procedures, and ways to get rid of pimples courtesy of the product available at your home.
One of the best and certainly a very effective product to eliminate pimples is garlic. Garlic contains antibiotic properties that are proven safe and effective in treating pimples as well as acne. To use it: get whole garlic, mash it and apply it on the face with extra caution on the area rear the eyes. Let the garlic take effect for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm cloth.
But if you don't want the smell of the garlic penetrating your nostril.
Here are more home remedies to cure pimples:
Combine 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Apply it to the affected area.
Combine cinnamon powder with honey and form it into paste. Right before sleeping, apply the mixture to your face and wash it the next morning. Do this every night for about 2 weeks and you will no longer worry about pimples.
Mixing grind nutmeg with milk will work to remove pimples instantly.
Applying an orange peel paste on the area of your face with pimples is another effective way. The orange peel should become a paste by grinding it with little water.
For additional protection from the formation of blackheads, combine 1 part fresh lime juice with 1 part groundnut oil. Apply the mixture to your face.
Blend raw papaya fruit to create a juice. This includes the seed and the skin. Apply it on swelling pimples.
Use boiled milk combined with fresh lime juice as facial wash for cracked skin, blackheads, and pimples.
Combine 1 part of rose water to 1 part of lime juice and apply it in the pimples. Leave it for about 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Apply on the affected area for at least 1 hour the pulp of ripe tomatoes. Wash it off with water.
Potatoes grated and applied on affected area can cure pimples. It is also effective on curing boils, whiteheads, blackheads, and other skin blemishes.
A powdered pomgranate skin & roasted paste mixed with lime juice can treat pimples effectively. This mixture could also treat whiteheads, blackheads, and boils.
Ground radish seeds formed into paste and mixed with water remove blackheads.
Mix lime juice with ground drumstick pods and leaves. Apply it on the pimples.
Mint juice when applied on every evening can treat pimples as well. It also effective in treating scabies, insect stings, skin infections, and eczema.
Combine ground sesame seeds paste with water. Apply it on the affected area. It is also effective in treating skin rashes and allergies.
To prevent pimples, apply on the face mixture of fresh fenugreek leaves and water. Wash it on the next day with warm water.
Mix an equal amount of groundnut oil and fresh lime juice. Apply it on the affected area. Wash it off after about 10-15 minutes. It also prevents blackheads.
The ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples
How we consume and digest our food is just as important as what we eat. To get proper nutrition, you need proper digestion. The following points include a variety of recommendations for digestion.
Each of these are important parts of the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples.
* Avoid eating when not hungry and do not delay eating when hungry.
* Eat at approximately the same time every day, and eat a balanced meal.
* Don't eat too slowly or too quickly.
* Do not under eat or over eat. Eat to about 3/4 capacity. Do not leave the table hungry or very full.
* Allow 3 – 6 hours between meals. It is important to not eat before the previous meal is properly digested.
* Eat sitting down. Concentrate on the meal and do not read, watch TV or drive while eating.
* Sipping warm or room temperature liquids during the meal enlivens digestion and helps the food be better dissolved and absorbed.
* Sit relaxed for five to ten minutes after finishing the meal. This allows the digestive process to get well underway.
* Milk should be taken alone or with other sweet tastes. Milk should not be taken with vegetables, meat, fish, sour foods, salt or eggs.
* Eat fresh foods and avoid leftovers. Chew foods well. Digestion starts in the mouth. This is very important for proper ayurvedic skin care.
* Avoid artificial foods, colors and preservatives.
* Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are recommended and should be consumed daily.
* Honey should not be heated in any way such as by cooking, baking or by adding it to hot beverages. Heating honey creates a toxic effect in the body. Only add it to tea or hot milk once the beverage has cooled down to room temperature.
* Eat organic food whenever possible. Avoid genetically altered foods.
* Do not use a microwave.
* Ayurveda recommends a vegetarian diet. If you eat meat you need to gradually stop consuming it. It is iimportant to gradually stop according to ayurvedic treatments for acne.
According to the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples, you should avoid:
1) avoid snacks containing refined sugar. It is better to eat fruits, dried fruits, hot milk, dates, nuts and other wholesome foods.
2) avoid lunches of only raw salad. Raw vegetables alone are not a balanced diet at lunch.
3) avoid carbonated beverages.
4) avoid cold foods. Cold food hurts digestion. This is important for ayurvedic treatments for acne.
5) avoid caffeine. This is very important for proper ayurvedic skin care.
Food preparation for the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples
The following advice is very important for proper ayurvedic skin care:
Eat fresh foods, and prepare them daily. Eat a wide variety of foods. Try to cook foods slowly on low heats. Avoid frozen and processed foods. Fresh organic foods are best. Eat food that is ripe only. Do not eat leftovers.
Now that you know the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples, you will definitely see an improvement in your skin and your health. However if you want to get rid of your acne problem, it is also very important to use the right acne treatment. It is very important to use an effective natural acne treatment in conjunction with ayurvedic principles.
Another Ayurvedic treatments for acne
In order to cure your acne, you need to use the right treatment. To properly treat acne, there are two steps.
The first step is to gently wash and cleanse the affected area several times a day. We recommend using a cleanser with all-natural ingredients, such as ClearSkin Skin Wash. Its one of the more effective products we have seen, and it doesn't cause drying or flaking. You can follow the link to learn more about ClearSkin Skin Wash, and see if it can help you.
The second step is to apply the right acne treatment several times a day. We have been recommending a product for several years now for the treatment of acne. It contains only natural and safe ingredients, and the results have been excellent. It works extremely well in conjunction with the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples. That product is ClearSkin-A Gel. You can follow this link to learn more about it, and see if it’s right for you.
By following this simple two-step process, and following the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples, you will see results. These natural ingredients will also provide other benefits to your body. Not only with your skin improve, but your overall health will improve as well.
If you have any questions about ayurvedic skin care, or the ayurvedic diet for blackheads pimples, please contact us. Ayurvedic treatments for acne can be very effective, and could be right for you.
The paste made of Jeera (cumin seeds) applied over the pimples gives relief. For a single application, 5gm of Jeera is sufficient to prepare the paste. After one hour, the application can be removed.
The paste of 5gm each of red sandalwood (Rakta Chandan) and turmeric made with milk is a very efficacious local application.
Cumin seeds popularly known as ajwain are also useful in this condition. Prepare the paste of 5gm ajwain, duly adding required quantity of water and apply on the face.
Kumari pulp (known as Aloe vera) should be taken internally. Extracted juice of Aloe vera (half a cup) should be taken internally twice a day.
Fresh juice of tender tulsi leaves (Ocimum basilicum) is to be applied externally daily.
The paste of jatiphal (nutmeg) made with water is also very useful.
Kumkumadi Lepam, an ointment for application over the face, after duly washing the face can be used daily until pimples disappear.
Some herbal blood purifying drugs may also be taken for better results. Saribadyasava 15 to 30ml taken after meals with equal quantity of water, twice a day helps in the cure of acne vulgaris.
RS Forte syrup (DAP) is a good oral liquid for this condition. 20ml of syrup well mixed with 20ml of cold water should be taken orally twice a day for 40 days for good results.
Skinelle tablets (Charak Pharma) taken orally along with Skinelle ointment applied externally produce very good results in just two weeks.
Acnenil capsules (Uttam Pharma) in the dose of one capsule thrice daily after meals for a fortnight is a useful home remedy for acne.
Jeevan Amrit (Neem oil) capsules taken once daily on an empty stomach help in curing acne and blackheads.
Rasana Forte capsules (Shilpa Chem), an extract of garlic should be taken orally twice daily for 20 to 30 days.
Trifala churna taken 5 to 10 gm daily helps in purifying the blood thus helping in the cure of acne.
Clean-N-Clear syrup (Dabur) should be taken 1 teaspoonful thrice daily after meals for a month.
Do's & Don'ts
Constipation, if presem should be tackled effectively. For this 5gm/ 1 tsp of Swadista Virechana Churna should be taken at bed time along with a glass of water. This ensures safe bowel movement.
Associated dandruff should be treated.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Acne
Some of the popular ayurvedic remedies to cure acne are as follows
Kamdudha, Praval and Chandanadi vati – These are some herbs for cure of red boils.
Triphala and Saariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – These should be taken at bed time by persons with excessive heat in their bodies.
Kumari (Aloe vera) – This should be taken by women with irregular periods.
Gokshuradi Guggulu and Triphala Guggulu – These herbs benefit obese people with acne.
Khas-Khas and Jayphal (Myristica fragrans) – These should be applied locally as they show good results to cure acne.
Shatadhout Ghrut – This should be applied for dry skin with acne.
Some herbs which can be applied locally are -
Shalmali (Bombax malabaricum)
Kushtha (Saussurea lappa)
Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia)
Chandan (Santalum album)
Vacha (Acorus calamus)
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Saariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
Ayurvedic medicines which can be taken orally and heal the body internally are -
Acne has a close relation with stomach conditions. Hence, excessive salty, sweet, sour, non-vegetarian and oily foods can exacerbate the condition. Proper sleep, balanced diet and breathing exercises such as Pranayam are beneficial.