- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Varanadi Kashayam and its health benefits.
Varanadi kashayam is one of the wonder –herbal formulations of Ayurveda explained in Ashtanga Hurdayam.
Varana (Crataeva religiosa), Sairyaka (Strobilanthes ciliatus), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Dahana (Plumbago zeylanica), Morata (Chenomorpha fragrans), Bilwa (Aegle marmelos), Vishanika (Aristolochia bracteolate), Brihati (Solanum melongena), Bhadra (Aerua lanata), Karanja (Pongamia glabra), Pootikaranja (Holoptelia integrifolia), Jaya (Premna corymbosa), Pathya (Terminalia chebula), Bahalapallava (Moringa olifera / drum stick), Darbha (Desmostachya bipinnata) and Rujakara (Semicarpus anacardium).
Varuna sairyakayugma shataavaree dahana morata bilwa vishaanikaaha |
Dwibruhati dwikarnaja jayaadwayam bahalapallava darbha rujaakaraaha ||
Varanadi kapham medo mandagnitwam niyacchati |
Aadhyavatam shirashoolam gulmam chaantaha savidhradim || – Ashtanga Hrudayam sutrasthana – 15/21-22
All the herbal ingredients are kept immersed in water overnight, next day morning, added with 16 times of water and reduced to 1/8th or 1/4th quantity by mild to moderate heat, filtered and it is to be consumed while it is warm.
Varanadi kashayam Health benefits: It is useful in obesity Ayurvedic treatment, cures indigestion, cures headaches, stomach gas bloating, headache, abscess and wounds.
It is also used as natural herbal diuretic and natural edema cures.