- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Cissus quadrangularis and its action on Bones
यत्र आकृति: तत्र गुणा: वसंति ।
Yatra aakrutihi tatra gunaaha vasanti |
There is an ancient quote relating thhe shape of the herb and their effect on certain organs of the body.
For example, Cissus quadrangular stem resembles the shape of bones and joints in the body. And in deed it is very effective in strengthening the bones and joints. It is explained as Asthi samharaka, Ashti Shrunkhala and Vajravalli.
What is cissus quardangularis?
Cissus quadrangularis is a herb, reaching a height of 1.5 m and has quadrangular-sectioned branches with internodes 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide.
Cissus quadrangularis uses as per Ayurveda* –
Vata shleshmahara – Mitigates Vata and Kapha
Asthiyuk – strengthens bones.
Krumighna – Acts against worms and infection
Akshirogahrut – useful in the treatment of eye disorders.
Vrushya – Acts as aphrodisiac.
Clinical study reports on activity of Cissus quadrangularis –
1. It contains a rich source of carotenoids, triterpenoids and ascorbic acid. Compounds that act as receptor antagonists of glucocorticoids have reduced the healing time of broken bones 30 to 50 percent in clinical trials. It has also been used to treat obesity and associated oxidative stress1.
2. Its bactericidal effects on Helicobacter pylori hold promise as an effective treatment of gastric ulcers and preventative of stomach cancer in conjunction with anti inflammatory therapy.2
Cissus quadrangularis home remedy for arthritis -
Cissus quadrangularis stem is fried in ghee and administered with milk as for the treatment of fractures and osteo arthritis.
Cissus quadrangularis stem is processed in sesame oil is very useful to treat Sandhivata.