- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- Clinical Research in Ayurveda
- Some issues of Research in Ayurveda
- Uses of Mercury
- Harnessing Science and Tradition
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Urine Therapy - Benefits of Urine
Most people are horrified when they first hear about the medical uses of urine. But then, do you know that you have already reused and re-ingested your urine, that too large amount of it for a long period of time, and it's one of the reasons you're alive today? Yes! Urine is the main component of the amniotic fluid that bathes the human foetus, according to latest medical researchers.
Drinking of one's own urine is mentioned in Ayurvedic treatises like Yogaratnaakaram, Sushruta Samhita, Bhaava Prakaasa and Ashtaanga Sangraha. Detailed information on auto uropathy can be obtained from the Dhaamara Tantra under the heading of Shivaambu kalpa vidhi. This contains 107 verses extolling the virtues of urine as a medicament, complete with extremely detailed instructions on everyday use.
In our country, Ravjibhai Patel and Dr. Paragji Desai contributed a lot in popularising this invaluable therapy. It is well known that Morarji Desai, the former Prime Minister of India, was a strong proponent of this therapy. Morarji Desai was even interviewed in 1978 on American television during the CBS news programme, during which he discussed the benefits of urine therapy.
Dr John Armstrong, for the first time, revolutionised the concept of natural urine therapy and re-established its scientific validity in his book, The Water of Life. During recent times, the medical application of urine and its constituents have been tested, discussed, researched and utilised throughout the world. Hundreds of research evidences and thousands of case studies are documented. Medical scientists sat in their laboratories and watched as urine completely devastated rabies and polioviruses, tuberculosis, typhoid, gonorrhoea, dysentery, bacteria and cancer cells.
Urine has also been found to be useful in treating diseases like cancer, gout, osteoporosis, impotence, obesity, asthma, bums, tuberculosis, blisters, cuts, wounds, cataract, coughs and colds, constipation, diabetes, eczema, gangrene, heart disease, hyperacidity, diseases of the stomach and intestines, pulmonary tuberculosis, psoriasis, piles and ringworm, uterus inflammation and stiffness of the vertebral column.
Our disgust for urine is the result of prejudice conditioned by cultural influences. Otherwise its taste is not very unpalatable.
An individual's own urine contains elements like antibodies that are specific to one's body alone and are medically tailor-made to particular health disorder. That is why you should use your own urine for therapy.
Some Fallacies And Facts about Urine:
Fallacy: Urine is a biological waste, which contains a host of micro-organisms.
Fact: Urine is only a derivative of the blood. It is a fluid, which has tremendous variations of composition. These excess elements from the circulating blood are filtered and collected within the kidney in the form of a purified, sterile, watery solution called urine. This is almost free from all kinds of micro organisms like bacteria.
Fallacy: The body has excreted it because it does not need it anymore.
Fact: The function of the kidneys is not excretion, but regulation. The kidneys do not filter out important elements in the blood not because those elements are toxic or dangerous for the body, but simply because the body is not in need of that particular concentration of the element at the time it was excreted . Researchers have observed that urine, because it is actually extracted from our blood, contains small amounts of almost all the life-sustaining elements, enzymes, proteins, hormones, antibodies and immunising agents that our blood contains.
Fallacy: Synthetic derivatives of urine are better option.
Fact: Urine in its natural form is beneficial because it does not produce side-effects. And extract of urine called urokinase which is used to dissolve blood clots can cause serious abnormal bleeding as a side-effect. In contrast, not even a single case with such serious side-effects was reported when natural urine (though it contains measurable amounts of urokinase) was used. Moreover, urine contains thousands of therapeutic agents, such as important natural antibodies, enzymes and regulating hormones that extracts like urea, uric acid or urokinase do not contain.