- Role of Yavasarshpadi churna dhupan (as antimicrobial and antifungal agent)In operation theatre sterilization.
- Management of post operative Fistulectomy wound with Panchatikta ghrita application
- Management of Madhumeha (Diabetes mellitus) with current evidence and intervention with Ayurvedic Rasa / Sidha medicines
- Management of Dushta vrana (Chronic wounds) with Hinsradi Tail application.
- Health scenario of Woman in ancient perspective
- Efficacy of kasisadi ghrita in parikartika
- Effectiveness of Rasayana therapy in CA Lung (Squamous cell carcinoma)
- Importance of Chemo-Radio protective role of Ayurvedic therapy in a NHL patient
- Amlapitta: An Ayurvedic Perspective
- Agnikarma by Pippali in Muscle Spasm
- ROLE OF TILNILOTPAL GANDUSHA IN MANAGEMENT OF MUKHAPAKA / Apthous ulcer
- THE FOETUS AND RELEVANCE OF “PUMSAVANA”
- VRIKSHA AYURVEDA – THE NEGLECTED SCIENCE
- Agni and Ahaar Pachan
- Dhatu Poshan Nyays and Dosha,Dhatu,Mala
- Oja in Ayurveda
- Panchbhoutic Siddanth and Purusha
- Bhaishajya Kalpana and Ayurveda Padartha Vidyan
- Traya Upastambha
- Dharniyavega and Sadvritta
Oja in Ayurveda
Oja is the essence of dhatus, which gives strength to the body, improves immunity power and takes care of well being of the body. It is present all through the body like ghee exists in the milk or honey exists in the flower.
These are the various forms (swaroop) in which Oja exists:
Snigdha is viscous.
Samatmaka is preponderant in apbhuta or watery.
Shuddha, ishat Lohita Peetvarna is clear i.e. transparent, slightly reddish, yellow in colour.
Sarpi Varna has a Ghee like appearance.
Laja Gandhi has a smell like laja.
Madhur Rasan is sweet in taste.
Oja Sthan (dwelling place)
there are two places where Oja prevails:
Hridya sthan- in the heart
Vyapi- all over the body like ghee in milk or honey in flower)
Oja Karma (function)
the function of Oja can be summed up as Dehasthitini bandhanam. This means that to maintain the condition of the good health it nourishes all the body constituents and mind. Moreover, it controls or promotes all the physiological activities and is responsible for lively condition of the body and immunity power of the body.
In ayurveda it is believed that life cannot exist without Oja in the body.
Oja Prakar (types)
there are two types of Ojas:
Para Oja- that prevails all over the body and its quantum is one anjali.
Apara oja- is present in the heart in a quantum of eight bindu (drops). Its appearance is Shudhan (clear or transparent), reddish yellow in colour.
Oja Vikriti (deformity)
the deformities of Oja are of three types:
It has its origin in the dwelling place itself. This has signs and symptoms of lax in muscles and bone joints, lethargy in organs, displacement of Vata. It also results in the impairment of Kayik (physical), Vachik (vocal) and Mansik (mental) functions of the body.
Oja when get vitiated by doshas then it is Vyapad dosha condition. Following are the signs & symptoms that occur in this condition - heaviness in the body, freezing of joints like knee joint etc. Vatik shofa (swelling due to vata dosha impairment), Varna parivartan (discolouration), Glani (depression), Tandra (drosyness) and Nidra (sleep).
It is the decrease of the quantum of Oja. Following sign & symptoms developed at this condition- Murchha (convulsion) Mansa Kshaya (decrease of Mansa Dhatu etc.), Moha (pre coma), Agyan (loss of sense), Pralap (delirium) and Mrityu (death).
Sign & Symptoms of Oja Kshaya
Not one but many symptoms and signs indicate the deformity of Oja Kashaya, like:
Durbalo abhikshanam- physically and mentally weak
Vyathit Indriya- discomfort in sense organ
Duschhaya- impaired color
Durmana- impaired mentally
Kshama- impaired complexion
Factor responsible for Oja Kshaya
for the effective cure of Oja Kashay it must be kept in mind that what factor lead to this diseased situation. Following are the factors that contribute for the arise of this disease:
Kshayat- Loss of Dhatus
Dhyanat- Tension i.e. mentally hard working
Shramat- Physically hard working
Factor nourishing Oja
the quantum of Oja can be increased in the body by following activities:
Pariharya visheshan Manas dukha hetu
It means prohibition of activities, which give mental tension.
Madhur Snigdha Shitani Laghuni Cha hitani cha
It refers to the foods or medicine which are sweet in taste, viscous, cold, lighter (easily digestible) and promotes health.
Jeevana Aushadhi - Kshir - Rasadyah
Life promoting medicine, milk, meat juice etc.