- Ayurvedic clinical profile of COVID-19 A preliminary report-Final
- Some Important Research Papers In Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic clinical profile of COVID-19 – A preliminary report
- Android application of charaka samhitha sampurna ( with english translation)
- Android Application of Medicinal Plants for Ayurveda Students
- LOHASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- LODHRASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUTAJARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KUMARYASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KHADIRARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- KANAKASAVAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- JIRAKADYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DURALABHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DRAKSHARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DHANWANTARARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DEVADARVYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DASAMULARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- DANTYARISHTAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- About Ayurveda
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
Ayurvedic Treatment for Ear infection
Human ear is divided into three sections - outer ear, middle ear and the inner ear. Ear infection is often the reason to visit an ear specialist. There are two main types of ear infection - otitis media and otitis externa. Otitis media is the infection of the middle ear, found mainly among infants and children. Otitis externa also known as swimmer’s ear is the infection of the external ear. Ear infection is more commonly seen in boys and in winter season. Ear infection is not contagious.
Symptoms for otitis media
Following are the symptoms for otitis media
• Pain and itch in the infected ear
• Fever and falling sick
• Hearing problem in the infected ear
• Dizziness in some cases
• Fluid discharge from the infected ear
Symptoms for otitis externa
Following are the symptoms of otitis externa
• Itch in the infected ear
• Discharge from the infected ear
• Pain getting more severe by movement of the ear lobe or the jaw
• Temporary reduction in hearing
• Slight fever
• Inflammation in the ear.
Causes for otitis media
The main cause of otitis media is blockage of the Eustachian tube due to cold, allergy or some foreign particles in the ear. This causes fluid to build up in the middle ear. This fluid can cause swelling of the ear drum if infected by the virus. If adenoid glands interfere with the Eustachian tube it will cause otitis media. Weak immune system will not cure the infection.
Causes for otitis externa
Otitis externa is caused by the bacteria or fungi. Moist and wet conditions are favorable for the growth of these bacteria or fungi. Frequent swimming or exposure to water increases the chances of infection. Skin allergies can also cause otitis externa.
Other causes of ear infection
Besides all these some other factors like nutritional deficiency, allergy and other infections may also cause ear infection.
Remedies for infected ear
Put few drops of garlic juice into the infected ear. Use blow dryer from about 12 to 15 inches from your head, this will remove any water trapped in the Eustachian tube. Put some olive oil on the warm spoon; put 2 to 3 drops of this in each ear. Put few drops of lobelia extract into the infected ear and rub it gently. Wash your ear using colloidal silver, it is a natural antibiotic. Slightly warm one teaspoon of juice of the mango leaf and put it into the infected ear drop by drop.
Ear infection : Home Remedies suggested by users
Take Vitamin C and increase zinc intake
Take vitamin C to boost your immune system, it will help you to combat infection. Increase Zinc intake, it reduces ear infection. Eat a healthy diet with lots of calcium in it. Avoid processed foods and hydrogenated oils. Stress on breast feeding for infection in infants.
Other suggestions for ear infection
Avoid going in front of any one smoking because cigarette smoke can block Eustachian tubes. Avoid accompanying people suffering from cold. Wash your hands regularly. Avoid touching nose and eyes.
Useful Herbs for the Treatment of Ear Infections and Aches
- Bael (Aegle marmelos) The root of the bael tree is used in a unique manner to treat ear problems. A stiff root of the tree is dipped in neem oil and it is lighted. The oil dripping from this root is allowed to fall into the ear. This brings about tremendous relief in ear aches and infections.
- Bishop's Weed (Trachyspermum ammi) Bishop's weed is very effective in treating ear congestions. About a teaspoonful quantity of it is heated in 30 milliliters of milk. The juice of the weed is allowed to permeate into the milk. This is then used as ear drops.
- Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) The holy basil, or tulsi as it is called in Hindi, is beneficial for ear problems. The juice extracted from its leaves must be used as ear drops. It has added benefits in children who are suffering from ear problems.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) Neem has antiseptic properties due to which it can kill the organisms that produce the infections in the ear. It is effective by itself. In order to enhance its effects, it can be taken with bael root as mentioned earlier.
Dietary Treatments for Ear Infections and Aches
The diet taken by a patient with ear problems should be such that it does not vitiate the kapha dosha, which is responsible for them. The following dietary guidelines must be followed:-
- Sour foods must be avoided as they vitiate the kapha. These include curds and fruits that are sour in taste.
- Bananas, watermelons, oranges, papayas and cucumbers must be avoided. These foods can increase the chances of having common cold. This would aggravate the ear problem. For the same reason, all refrigerated foods must also be avoided.
- Valuable foods during ear problems are onion, ginger and garlic. Turmeric is also very good, and must be used for spicing the meals.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR YEAR INFECTION
3VACHA LASUNADI THAILAM