- Raw Material – Big Problem With Ayurvedic Medicine Making
- Asava And Arishta – Advantages, Usage In Children, Side Effects
- Chitrakadi Vati Vs Ajamodadi Churna – A comparison
- How To Know If An Ayurvedic Oil Can Be Taken Orally Or Not ?
- Factors That Make Ayurvedic Medicines Unique
- Traditional Vs Proprietary Ayurvedic Medicine – 7 Differences
- Difference Between Talisadi and Sitopaladi Churna
- Malahara kalpana: Ayurvedic Ointment Preparation
- Kshara: Properties, Types, Preparation Method As per Sushruta
- Ksharasutra Preparation Method: Detailed Explanation
- shudra Roga: Minor Diseases: Symptoms, Ayurvedic Treatment
- Roga, Rogi Pareeksha: Examination Of Disease And Patient
- Pratyaksha Bhadaka Bhava: Constraints For Knowledge Perception
- Characteristic Features Of Aapta: Author Of Authentic Treatises
- Tantra Dosha: Errors In Treatises, Traditional Text Books
- Tadvidya, Vigruhya Sambhasha: Friendly and Hostile Discussions
- Ashraya Ashrayi Bhava: Relationship Between Tissues And Doshas
- Bala Varna Krit Basti: Enemas For Strength, Fairness, Weight
- Roga, Rogi Pareeksha: Examination Of Disease And Patient
- Jnana and Karma Indriyas: Organs Of Sense And Function
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
CHOORNAMS OF AYURVEDIC CLASSICAL TEXTS
These are finely powdered raw materials. This consists of two groups - for internal usage and for external application. For internal usage they can be used with Hot water or any other liquids as prescribed.
10-15 g per day in divided doses, half the quantity for children or as advised by the Physician. For external usage they can be used as a paste after mixing with prescribed liquids.
ASHTA CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - Effective for Intestinal spasm, Indigestion etc. Regular use in children improves digestive power and body strength. Could be used along with Ghee or Butter.
AVIPATHI CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - Used for Regularising motion. Also used for Anaemia, Wounds, Inflammation, Gastric irritation, Skin diseases etc. Could be used along with warm water, early morning or at bed time.
DAADIMAASHTAKAM CHOORNAM : (Ashtamgahrudayam) Increases digestion, Regularises motion. Effective for Sprue, Diarrhoea with mucous and Loss of appetite. Relieves Hyperacidity. Could be used along with Luke warm water or Butter milk.
DWIRUTHARA CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - Used for _ _ Piles and Heamerroids, Indigestion, Distaste, Constipation and Acidity. Could be used along with Luke warm water or Butter milk.
ELAADIGANA CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam)- Effective in Rashes, Skin diseases, Itching sensation etc. improves body complexion. Can be used externally mixing with Coconut milk or Elaadi oil.
ELLUMNISHADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - For Oedema related to Arthritis.
Could be used externally mixing with milk.
HINGUVACHAADI CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - For Hyper acidity, Intestinal colic and Flatulance etc. Also used for Urinary complaints, Sinus diseases, Liver disorders, Distaste, Loss of appetite, Piles, Respiratory diseases etc. Could be used along with Luke warm water or Butter milk.
HUTHABHUGAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - Useful in Loss of appetite and Intestinal spasm. Regularises motion. Could be used along with Butter Milk.
INDUPPUKAANAM CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - Usual in Indigestion. Could be used along with Luke warm water.
JADAAMAYAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - For Arthritis with swelling and burning sensation.
Mix with Kanjika to a paste and apply over the affected area externally.
KACHORAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayagam) - For prolonged Running nose, Headache-rub over the head.
KALYAANAKAAVALEHAM : (Chakradatham) - Increases brain power. Useful for Aphonia and speech complaints. Could be used along with Honey or Ghee.
KARPOORADI CHOORNAM: (Small) (Sahasrayogam) - Effective in Cough, Dyspnoea and Common cold.
KOLAKULADHAADI CHOORNAM: (Chakradatham) - Effective in rheumatic complaints for "Upanaha swedam". Could be used by adding in Kanjika or Juice of Tamarind Leaves.
KOTTAMCHUKKAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - For Rheumatic related pains, oedema and other disorders. Mix with Kanjika or Juice of Tamarind Leaves to a paste and apply over the affected area.
MANIKUNTHIRIKKADI LEPACHOORNAM: (Nagaradi lepachoornam) - Good for external application in Traumatic oedemas and similar conditions. More effective if applied over swellings after grinding with the juice of the husk of tender coconut.
NAASIKA CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - For Sinusitis, Head ache, Sneezing etc. For nasal application.
NAVAAYASA CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - Effective in Anaemia, Jaundice etc. Could be used along with Honey or Ghee
PUSHYAANUGA CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - For bleeding Piles, Dysentry, Leucorhcea and Mennorhagia. Could be used along with Honey or boiled rice water.
REJANYAADI CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) - Effective remedy in gastric disorders, Infantile disorders like fever, jaundice, diarrhoea etc. And for diseases due to Impure breast milk and during Teeth erruption. Could be used along with Honey.
IZAASNAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - For running nose and headache. To rub over the head.
SAARASWATHACHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam)- For improving Intellectual development, Memory power and Mental health. Could be used along with Honey or Milk.
SUDARSANA CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam)- Useful for all types of Fever, Sinusitis. Also can be used for Astma, Cough and Jaundice.
THAALEESAPATHRAADI CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) Effective in Cough, Distaste, Sprue, Indigestion etc. Clears throat. Chew occasionally.
VARAA CHOORNAM: (Thriphala Choornam) (Saiangadhara Samhitha) Can be used in Eye diseases. Also effective in constipation, Skin diseases and can be used as a Rasayana. Could be used along with Honey.
VYSWAANARA. CHOORNAM: (Ashtamgahrudayam) Increases Digestive power. Effective for Gastric trouble. Regularises motion. Could be used along with Luke warm water or Butter milk.
YAVANYAADI CHOORNAM: (Sahasrayogam) - Best for bleeding Piles. Increases appetite and digestive power and can be used in spree also. Could be used along with Luke warm water or Butter milk.