- SOWA – RIGPA (Amchi system of medicine)
- Evidence based Ayurvedic Practice by CCRAS - Central council for Research in Ayurvedic Science
- Android App for Sahasrayogam
- Android App for Dravyaguna for Bams Students (free)
- Action of Shaddharana Choornam , A modern point of view
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Graha Roga in Ayurveda
Charaka has explained it under Unmaada, as Aagantu Unmaada is caused due to the exogenous factors like Graha. Causative factor for the Aagantu Unmaada is Apras`hasta Karma which is caused due to the Pradnyaaparaadha. Due to Pradnyaaparaadha, a person insults the respected ones like Deva, Rishi, Pitri, Gandharva, Yaksha (living supernatural being / ghost), Raakshasa (demonical), Pis`haacha (class of demons, possibly so called either from their fondness for flesh), Guru (any venerable or respectable), Vriddha (experienced), Siddha (accomplished), Aachaarya (a spiritual guide or teacher), Poojya (an honorable man) etc. and they cause Unmaada.
Pradnyaaparaadha is the only cause of the Bhoota Graha. These Graha seize a person whenever they found any misconduct in the behavior / blemish behavior.
Graha affect due to following motives.
Rati ( Saadhya )
Abhyarchana ( Saadhya)
Favorable conditions for Grahabaadha:
These Graha seize a person in the following situations. Many of these situations denote improper behavior. Charaka has said that though these Graha, actually do not affect person unless and until he behaves wrongly.
When person is cursed by Guru, Vriddha, Siddha, Maharshi etc.
A person looks deceased ancestors (Pitri Dars`hana)
A person touches Gandharva
Paapa Kriyaa Aarambha (sinful act)
Ultimate effect of Anisht`a Karma
Lonely appearance of a person in crematorium
Digvaasah (when a person is nude)
Guru Nindaa (outraging the teachers)
Avidhi Rati Sevana
Para Sootaka Sankara
As`huchi (poor hygiene)
Bhinna Maryaadaa (not following the conduct and order)
Kshata (wounded condition)
Vihaara (enjoyment / pleasure)
Satkaara (for kind treatment / religious observance)
Classification of Graha Roga
Charaka classifies Graha Roga as Aagantu Unmaada. While Sus`hruta and Vaagbhat`a describe this condition as Graha Roga.
According to Charaka:
1. Aagantu Unmaada (Deva Unmaada)
2. S`haapa Unmaada
3. Pitri Graha Unmaada
4. Gandharva Unmaada
5. Yaksha Unmaada
6. Raakshasa Unmaada
7. BrahmaRaakshasa Unmaada
8. Pis`haacha Unmaada
According to Sus`hruta:
Sus`hruta has mentioned that there are 9 Baala Graha and 8 other Graha, which can seize the adults also.
2. Skandaapsmaara (Vis`haakhaa)
According to Vaagbhat`a:
1. Deva Graha
2. Daanava Graha
3. Gandharva Graha
4. Sarpa Graha
5. Yaksha Graha
6. Brahma Raakshasa Graha
7. Raakshasa Graha
8. Pis`haacha Graha
9. Pitri Graha
12. Preta Graha
There are actually so many Graha; but for convenience they are classified in to 9 types.
2. Devaanaam S`hatrugan`aah (Daitya)
3. Gandharva Haahaa etc.
4. Yaksha Kubera etc.
5. Pitara Agnishvaatta etc.
6. Bhujanga Vaasuki etc.
7. Rakshas Heti, Prahiti etc.
8. Pis`haacha Pis`hitaas`hana etc.
9. Vaardhaka Himsaarthee Graha
Signs of a person seized:
According to Vaagbhat`a, Bhoota Graha can be judged by Dnyaanaadi Apaurusha. It means that there is sudden change in to the Dnyaana (Knowledge), Vidnyaana (intelligence), Vaak (speech), Chesht`aa (behaviour), Bala (strength) and Paurusha (masculinity).
When person is affected by Graha of Himsaa, a person behaves abnormally. He enters in to the fire, sinks in to the water, jumps in to the chasm; he beats himself with rope etc. He may try to suicide. It is Asaadhya.
Demoniac possession (Bhoota Graha) can be judged by the signs that a person seized by the Graha behaves and appears same as of the characters of the Bhoota in respect to Roopa, Prakriti, Bhaashaa, Gati, Chesht`aa.
This Amaanusha Upasarga (trouble by the super-humans) can be judged by the superhuman behavior of a person who is seized by the Graha.
Seizing time of the Bhoota Graha:
S`hukla Pratipadaa and Trayodas`hee à by Sura (Deva) Graha
Paurn`amaasee (Sus`hruta) àby Sura (Deva) Graha
S`hukla Trayodas`hee and Krishn`a Dvaadas`hee àby Daanava (Daitya) Graha
Sandhi Kaala (Sus`hruta) àAsura Graha
Caturdas`hee and Dvaadas`hee àby Gandharva Graha
Asht`amee (Sus`hruta) àby Gandharva Graha
Panchamee (sus`hruta also tells this) àby Uraga / Sarpa / Naaga Graha
S`hukla Saptamee and S`hukla Ekaadas`hee àby Dhanes`hvara Graha (Yaksha Graha)
Pratipadaa (Sus`hruta) àby Dhanes`hvara Graha (Yaksha Graha)
S`hukla Asht`mee, S`hukla Panchamee, S`hukla Paurn`amaasya àby Brahma Raakshasa
Krishn`a Navamee Parva and Krishn`a Dvaadas`ha Parva àby Raakshasa and Pis`haachcha.
Nis`hi (Sus`hruta) àby Raakshasa Graha
Chaturdas`hee (Sus`hruta) àby Pais`haacha Graha
Das`hamee, Amaavaasyaa, Asht`amee and Navamee àby Pitri Graha
Krishn`a Kshaya (Amaavaasyaa) (Sus`hruta) àby Pitri Graha
Sandhyaa Kaala àby Guru and Vriddha
When a person is affected for the purpose of Himsaa, a person enters in to the fire, sinks in to the water, jumps in to the chasm; he beats himself with rope etc. He may try to suicide. It is Asaadhya.
Prodromal symptoms of Aagantu Unmaada:-
Ojopatapti (Ohah Kaarya Baladi Rahitah)
Threatening (Bhartsanaa) or incitement (Pravartana) by Deva etc. in the dream
Kumaara Vrindaanugata Graha
Uddhata Moordhaja Purusha
Asvastha Manas Purusha