- EKAKUSHTHA (PSORIASIS) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- PANDU (ANEMIA) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- JWARA (FEVER) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- AMAVATA (RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- JALODARA (ASCITES) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- AMLAPITTA Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- TAMAKA SWASA (BRONCHIAL ASTHMA) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- KASA (COUGH) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- BRAHMIDRAKSHADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- BHADRADIKASHAYAM (GARBHARASKHAKASHAYAM) Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- BHADRADARVADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- BALAPUNARNAVADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- BALAJIRAKADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- BALAGULUCHYADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- ASHTAVARGAM KASHAYAM (SY) Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- ARDHAVILWAMKASHAYAM (SY) Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- ARAGVADHADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- AMRITOTHARAM KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Antidepressant Herbs of Ayurveda
Antidepressant herbs are used to prevent or treat depression or used to relieve symptoms of depressive illness. They effect on CNS and are used for the treatment of anxiety disorders
Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
Botanical Name : Cinnamomum Camphora
Family Name : Lauraceae
Common Name : Camphor Tree, Gum Camphor, Camphor Laurel, French Camphor, Howood
Part Used : Roots, Wood
Habitat : Cultivated in india as an ornamental tree.
Product offered : Wood
Uses : Bark is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, analgesic, analeptic, anthelmintic, antispasmodic, aromatic, aphrodisiac, carminative, diaphoretic, sedative, stimulant, narcotic and tonic.
It is used as nervine depressant in case of hysteria, epilepsy, chorea and convulsions. It acts as stimulant for cardiac, circulation and respiration. It is useful in measles, typhoid, whooping cough, asthma, and hiccup. It is recommended in case of cough, cold, toothache and liver disorders.
Camphor oil is antihelmintic, antirheumatic, antispasmodic, cardiotonic and sedative. It is used for treating joints and muscle pains, cold sores and skin diseases. Camphor oil is best used for sedating nervy types particularly when associated with depression. Also used an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
Botanical Name : Crocus Sativus
Family Name : Iridaceae
Common Name : Saffron, Autumn Crocus, Sapnish Saffron And Dyer’s Saffron.
Part Used : Dried Stigma
Habitat : Cultivated in jammu and kashmir (india)
Product offered : Flower
Uses : Saffron is anti-depressant, anodyne, antispasmodic, abortifacient, aphrodisiac, carminative, diaphoretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, narcotic, nervine sedative stimulant, stomachic and rejuvenative.
It is useful in fever, cough, depression, enlargement of liver, flatulence, colic, insomnia and asthma. It is also useful in rheumatism, neuralgia, leucorrhoea, headache, sores, hemorrhoids and snakebite. It is used as a flavouring and yellow coloring for various foods such as bread, soups, sauces, rice and puddings. It is widely used in cosmetics, especially in fairness creams.
Botanical Name : Evolvulus Alsinoides
Family Name : Convolvulaceae
Common Name : Dwarf Morning-glory, Shankhpushpi, Shankhahuli.
Part Used : Whole Plant
Habitat : Commonly growing throughout india and also cultivated.
Product offered : Wholeplant, Fruits, Pods
Uses : It is helpful in nervous exhaustion, memory loss, nootropic agent, general weakness, loss of memory, scofula. It is used as rasayan.
The leaves of Shankhpushpi are used in treating chronic bronchitis and asthma. The root is used for childhood fever, and the oil stimulates the growth of hair. Using the whole plant in the form of a decoction with cumin and milk is used to treat fever.
This herb is still a preferred method for reducing symptoms associated with anxiety, panic attacks, nervousness and insomnia. It is useful in urinary disorders and hypertension. It improves brain function like memory & concentration.
Botanical Name : Rauwolfia Serpentina
Family Name : Apocynaceae
Common Name : Snake Root, Serpentine Root, Indian Snake Root
Part Used : Roots
Habitat : Moist deciduous to evergreen forests.
Product offered : Roots
Uses : This plant is used medicinally both in the Modern Western Medical system and also in Ayurveda, unani and folk medicine. It helps to reduce blood pressure, depresses activity of central nervous system and acts as a hypnotic. Snakeroot depletes catecholamines and serotonin from nerves in central nervous system. Refined snakeroot has been used extensively in recent years to treat hypertension. It is used as an antidote to the bites of poisonous reptile like snakes.
It is also used to treat dysentery and other painful affections of the intestinal canal.
Botanical Name : Valeriana Wallichii
Family Name : Valerianaceae
Common Name : Valerian, Indian Valerian, Valerian Jatamansi, Taggar
Part Used : Roots
Habitat : Temperate zone of north western himalayas upto an altitude of 3000 m
Product offered : Roots
Uses : It is anti spasmodic, stimulant, carminative and stomachic. It is useful in diseases of eye, blood and livers. It is used as a remedy for hysteria, hypochondriasis, nervous unrest and emotional stress. Also useful in clearing voice and acts as stimulant in advance stage of fever and nervous disorder. The paste of roots mashed in water is applied on forehead to alleviate the pain. Externally, the paste of its roots is applied in wounds for better healing.