- PCOS WITH INFERTILITY AND ITS AYURVEDA MANAGEMENT - A CASE STUDY
- ANALYTICAL STANDARDIZATION OF TRIPHALADI TAILA
- SUCCESSIVE SOLVENT EXTRACTION AND HPTLC OF STEM BARK OF ASOKA – SARACA ASOCA (ROXB.) DE WILDE
- AN INSIGHT TO THE PHARMACOGNOSY OF SHATAVARI (ASPARAGUS RACEMOSUS WILLD.)
- PHARMACEUTICAL STANDARDIZATION OF SHATPALA GANDHAKA CHURNA
- PHARMACEUTICAL STANDARDIZATION OF GANDHAKAKALPA
- PHARMACEUTICAL STANDARDIZATION OF KANYALOHADI VATI
- THE EFFECT OF UPANAHA SWEDA AND VATARI GUGGULU IN THE MANAGEMENT OF JANUSANDHIGATA VATA (KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS): A COMPARATIVE STUDY
- DRUG INTERACTIONS BETWEEN AYURVEDIC AND ALLOPATHIC (Modern) MEDICINES
- EKAKUSHTHA (PSORIASIS) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- PANDU (ANEMIA) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- JWARA (FEVER) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- AMAVATA (RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- JALODARA (ASCITES) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- AMLAPITTA Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- TAMAKA SWASA (BRONCHIAL ASTHMA) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- KASA (COUGH) Treatment Protocol by Ayush
- BRAHMIDRAKSHADI KASHAYAM Uses,Ingredients,Reference and Indication
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Indian Herb Tulsi Can Prevent Swine Flu
Tulsi is a wonder herb, long prized for its many medicinal properties. Ayurvedic doctors are now expounding the use of tulsi leaves as a remedy for swine flu.
The out break of swine flu around the world has led to panic. Conventional medicine has failed to contain the spread of this deadly virus. This may be the time to turn to alternative medicine.
Sri Ravi Shankar, founder of the Art of Living has stated that India has a wealth of knowledge from Ayurveda to counter swine flu.
What is Auyurveda?
Ayurveda is the system of traditional medicine first practiced in ancient India. It traces it origins to the Veda scripts. It is based on the belief that the balance between the five elements has to be maintained. The elements are grouped together to form three doshas that help to classify all individual constitutions of people, diseases, herbs and other non-herbal remedies and therapies. The doshas are Vata (air or nerve oriented), Kapha (water or mucoid type) or Pitta (fire type).
Ayurvedic doctors classify swine flu as "visham javar," or chronic fever, and suggest Tulsi leaves as a remedy.
Tulsi or holy basil is revered and worshipped throughout India for its amazing medicinal properties. It is known to:
Strengthen the immune system
Relieve congestion and colds
Promote healthy metabolism
Provide rich supply of antioxidants
Many medicines exploit its curative powers, especially treatments for common colds and flu.
How to Use Tulsi
A concoction of tulsi with ginger and jaggery can also boost the defense mechanism.
An Ayurvedic practitioner should be consulted for the right dosage since each person has a different level of immunity.
With the swine flu pandemic sweeping the world, people are looking for ways to protect themselves from viral attack. Herbal medicine has found its miracle drug in the form of tulsi, which is used across India as a household remedy for flu. Tulsi has the added advantage of being free of side effects, a major worry with conventional medicines.