- Action of Shaddharana Choornam , A modern point of view
- Amritarishta – Uses, Ingredients, Dose and Side Effects
- Abhayarista – Ingredients, Uses, Dose and Side Effects
- Dasamoolarishtam – Ingredients, Uses, Dose And Side Effects
- Action of Avipathi churna a modern point of view
- Pharmaceutical Study of Sri Siddhadaradamruta Rasa
- Types of digestive tracts / nature of bowels or Kostha in Ayurveda
- Types of digestive fires or Agni in Ayurveda
- Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and kapha
- Ayurveda as perceived by a student of life sciences
- Fusion of Ayurveda with Science of Nanomaterials
- Importance of Research in Ayurveda
- If Miracles to Happen
- 'Nano' World and Ayurveda
- Thermal analysis in Ayurvedic drugs
- Understanding Ayurveda : An Experience Based Science in Terms of Evidence Based Science
- Disparity in the growth of herbal medicines in competing with their modern equivalents
- Perspective of Ayurveda
- Integration of AYUSH with Modern System of Medicine
- Mainstreaming of Ayurved in India
- About Ayurveda
- Downloads (Ayurveda E books )
- AYURVEDIC PATENT MEDICINES
- Ayurvedic treatment for Dengue Fever
- CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS AND ITS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed
- Ayurveda Treatment For All Common Fever
- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TONSILLITIS
- ManasaMitra Vatakam and its Treatment Application
Indian Herb Tulsi Can Prevent Swine Flu
Tulsi is a wonder herb, long prized for its many medicinal properties. Ayurvedic doctors are now expounding the use of tulsi leaves as a remedy for swine flu.
The out break of swine flu around the world has led to panic. Conventional medicine has failed to contain the spread of this deadly virus. This may be the time to turn to alternative medicine.
Sri Ravi Shankar, founder of the Art of Living has stated that India has a wealth of knowledge from Ayurveda to counter swine flu.
What is Auyurveda?
Ayurveda is the system of traditional medicine first practiced in ancient India. It traces it origins to the Veda scripts. It is based on the belief that the balance between the five elements has to be maintained. The elements are grouped together to form three doshas that help to classify all individual constitutions of people, diseases, herbs and other non-herbal remedies and therapies. The doshas are Vata (air or nerve oriented), Kapha (water or mucoid type) or Pitta (fire type).
Ayurvedic doctors classify swine flu as "visham javar," or chronic fever, and suggest Tulsi leaves as a remedy.
Tulsi or holy basil is revered and worshipped throughout India for its amazing medicinal properties. It is known to:
Strengthen the immune system
Relieve congestion and colds
Promote healthy metabolism
Provide rich supply of antioxidants
Many medicines exploit its curative powers, especially treatments for common colds and flu.
How to Use Tulsi
A concoction of tulsi with ginger and jaggery can also boost the defense mechanism.
An Ayurvedic practitioner should be consulted for the right dosage since each person has a different level of immunity.
With the swine flu pandemic sweeping the world, people are looking for ways to protect themselves from viral attack. Herbal medicine has found its miracle drug in the form of tulsi, which is used across India as a household remedy for flu. Tulsi has the added advantage of being free of side effects, a major worry with conventional medicines.